This is a post of praise to update you all that the $500 penalty has been lifted!
We sent a letter to appeal the civil penalty fine for having a "nanny" while Christian was in our home. It takes great strength to simply put it as that... but if you've been following us on this journey, you know our frustrations with calling Cari our "nanny" during that time.
It came back denied by Jail (if you can remember, she was one of the two ladies who sat me down and let me have it!). We expected that. So Mark emailed Debra (the other woman of the two) and asked the following:
"We just got back our denial for contesting the fees assessed to us. We expected Jayle to do as much, but I know there are supposed to be 4 levels in the process so I'm wondering what do we have to do to get it run up to the next level?
Also, what happens if we refuse to pay the fee? We spoke to a lawyer and he basically said he didn't think we should pay and if it has to go to court that he would fight it there for us. I'm just wondering what are the issues involved in not paying the penalty."
Her response?
"I have spoken to Jayle and she told me if you turn in your license with a note stating that you no longer wish to be El Dorado County foster parents, the whole process stops and the civil penalties go away. That would be my suggestion."
Hallelujah! What an answer to prayer!! Thank you to all who have lifted us up and prayed for us!
On May 2nd, I emailed Debra my final email. Final because Mark has forbidden me to talk with anyone working with CPS again. He wants to be the voice and protect me from any further abuse. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for him in drawing such boundaries! Anyway, this is what I wrote to her over a week ago:
"Hi Debra,
Please take us off the list. After much thought and prayer we are saddened to end our journey with CPS here. If you have any further questions, please ask my husband, Mark. Please "unsubscribe me" and take me off all your email blasts. Thank you and God bless you and everyone where you work!"
So, it couldn't have worked out smoother than that and I am praising God for a peaceful closure to this journey.
Sometimes I think, "what was the point of that?" in reflecting on our foster care journey. And sometimes, honestly, I don't know! But God doesn't promise us answers, He promises that He is good all the time and He asks us to obey Him in faith knowing His character and His heart.
So while I struggle with thinking we had a part in traumatizing poor C, I have to remember all that we did while he was in our home. And when I think about all those days, God was present. It was good.
So I leave this journey continuing to trust in God and His plans for us AND for sweet and precious Christian knowing that He is in control.
And while his stay with us ended abruptly, as a Christian, I know how the story ends... the big picture story that doesn't stop with him being ripped from our home... God wins! Love wins! He is faithful! Also, He redeems the broken all the time.
And for that I am eternally grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment